Yes. It’s happening in your community.
You’ve probably stumbled upon our site because you’ve recently learned something about sex trafficking. Coming to know about the horrors of sex trafficking is often a surprising and painful experience. Perhaps you’ve come here because you suspect that someone you know and love is a victim of sex trafficking. Perhaps you yourself have survived sexual slavery. Maybe you’re feeling called to do something to help. Whatever the reason, we’re glad you are here!
The Mantle of Protection is a Catholic apostolate of prayer and healing, a work of The Bakhita Foundation. We believe that the fight to end sexual slavery and the path to healing for our culture is a spiritual battle. We believe that freedom, healing, and new life are found in Jesus Christ and his Church.
We join together to pray for:
- The rescue and restoration of victims of sexual exploitation and slavery
- The healing and conversion of traffickers and pimps
- An end to sexual addictions as well as pornography production and use
- An end to prostitution and all commercial sexual activity
- The healing of families and marriages
- A renewed understanding and reverence for the beautiful mystery and sacredness of human sexuality as a gift from God
- Government officials and law makers to use their roles in society to pass legislation that will protect young people from being victimized by traffickers
- Abolitionists in non-profit organizations, clergy, and religious congregations who work tirelessly to care for victims
- Law enforcement officers, prosecutors, and other authorities who work to apprehend and charge suspects, identify and rescue victims, and end trafficking
Here you will find resources for prayer and some words to ponder, and you are invited to join our prayer community. Our mission is to extend Our Lady’s Mantle of Protection over those whose lives have been touched by sexual slavery.